그래도 개성으로 저울추가 기운 건 이전과 마찬가지죠.
Citroën will unveil the New Citroën C3 in a world premiere alongside two new concept cars at this year’s Paris Motor Show. The first, CXPERIENCE CONCEPT, overturns convention in high-end design and comfort, whilst the second, C3 WRC CONCEPT, marks the beginnings of a new sporting adventure for Citroën.
Symbolising Citroën’s ability to create cars with a singular design, where comfort and technology generates well-being, the New C3 is set to shake-up the market with its highly customisable character and the very latest automotive technologies, including a world premiere for ConnectedCAM Citroën™. Unveiled alongside the latest additions to the Citroën range: E-Mehari, SpaceTourer, and the New C4 Picasso, these models and New C3 give pride of place to comfort, the true hallmark of the Citroën brand, as demonstrated by Citroën’s Advanced Comfort® programme.
CXPERIENCE CONCEPT brings a fresh new approach to the hatchback segment. This innovative plug-in hybrid concept is immediately recognisable with its distinctive style, concave rear window, cleverly designed rear-hinged doors and is the latest demonstration of the Citroën Advanced Comfort® programme. Inspired by the high-tech world, the CXPERIENCE CONCEPT includes a 19-inch central console, smartphone and mobile tablet to activate a number of on-board functions, ConnectedCAM Citroën™ and features a plug-in hybrid drivetrain with efficient performance, power and versatility.
At Paris Motor Show, advanced technologies and services designed to enhance mobility and the driving experience will play a key role. On-board systems include ConnectedCAM CitroënTM in New C3, Citroën Connect Nav (a new online 3D navigation system with voice recognition technology), and Citroën Connect Packs (monitoring, mapping, tracking) being added to the Citroën Connect Box range with the SOS & Assistance Pack.
Also on display on the Citroën stand will be the Citroën C1 with the Airscape discoverable version and new Jelly Red colour; the Citroën C4 CACTUS Rip Curl Special Edition and other vehicles such as Berlingo XTR and C3 Picasso.
Visitors will be able to discover the CXPERIENCE CONCEPT, with a 360° virtual reality tour of the car’s interior, and an original animation called photocall ConnectedCAM Citroën™ which offers a unique experience for New C3. “La Maison Citroën” provides visitors with an opportunity to listen to music, recharge their smartphones, configure a vehicle and experiment with the latest Citroën technologies including the new “Share with U” app.
01. THE WORLD FIRST NEW PRODUCTS
World first: New Citroën C3
New C3 sets a style of its own, standing out from the crowd with its unique and colourful personality.
- Optimistic: New C3 combines a characteristically Citroënfront-end, with soft lines, flowing curves and striking colour schemes to deliver a powerful and energetic look. New C3 will appeal to customers looking for a modern car with plenty of personalisation options.
- Human: The Citroën Advanced Comfort® programme has influenced the creation of New C3.
The highest quality seats, the panoramic sunroof floods the passenger compartment in light, the ingenious storage features, and the generous space allocations are all signatures of the programme. The “cocoon” design filters out disturbances from the outside world to create a sense of well-being.
- Smart: New C3 features the latest technologies, starting with the world premiere of ConnectedCAM Citroën™, a fully integrated and connected HD camera system that films your on-the-road experience for immediate sharing on social media or for subsequent viewing (as evidence in the event of an incident, for example). Advanced driver assistance systems include: 3D connected navigation with speech recognition,reversing camera, lane departure warning, and blind spot monitoring. The efficiency of New C3 also extends to a full range of high-performance, high-efficiency engines (PureTech petrol, BlueHDi diesel) and the EAT6 latest-generation automatic transmission.
CXPERIENCE CONCEPT: an exceptional experience in Citroën comfort and design
Citroën is expressing its ambitions in the upmarket territory, deploying its "Be Different, Feel Good" promise in this segment. The exceptional new, international body style is a step forward that marks a new offensive in brand strategy.
The CXPERIENCE CONCEPT car is immediately recognisable with its hatchback style and cleverly designed rear-hinged doors. With its unique and high-tech identity, measuring 4.85m in length, this concept car interprets the original light signature expressing a new take on the layered headlights and the concave rear window. For greater efficiency, the controlled air intakes are integrated with the front bumpers and mobile flaps. The interior features premium materials and is decorated in a citrus yellow shade, synonymous with a fresh, optimistic mindset.
- The Citroën Advanced Comfort® programme on an executive hatchback
Through the Citroën Advanced Comfort® programme, which influenced the design of CXPERIENCE CONCEPT, Citroën is reviewing its approach to comfort in the light of its modern vision and expertise. Designed as a true “cocoon”, CXPERIENCE CONCEPT filters out the outside world along with the bumps and dips in the road and employs a progressive hydraulic cushion advanced module. The interior is designed with large body-hugging seats, generous volumes and storage compartments.
Intelligent technologies promote connectivity and contribute to smoother use of the vehicle and its equipment such as the 19-inch central console, smartphone and mobile tablet to activate a number of
on-board functions, 360° view, ConnectedCAM Citroën™ and sound spatialisation.
- A plug-in hybrid petrol solution for limitless driving pleasure
The emphasis on intelligent technology can also be seen in the choice of a plug-in hybrid solution for a relaxed drive. Based on the expertise of the PSA Group, this plug-in hybrid petrol technology allies power and versatility. CXPERIENCE CONCEPT allows users to enjoy a new driving experience whereby they can travel from city centres to the most isolated areas without restriction, receiving exceptional dynamic performances thanks to the electric motor. The electric motor develops between 150 and 200bhp and up to 80kW of additional energy, to deliver real performance at the wheel, with total power of up to 300bhp, while also respecting the environment. CXPERIENCE CONCEPT can be driven in all-electric mode in the city (ZEV - Zero Emission Vehicle) where it has a range of 60km. It has a 13kWh battery that can be charged in just a few hours (in 4 ½ hours or in less than 2 ½ hours).
New C4 Picasso
C4 Picasso entered a new era in summer 2016, boasting even more dynamism and distinction. Designed with the finest of the Citroën know-how and creativity, New C4 Picasso is a modern and innovative MPV. It stands apart through strong and expressive styling with dynamic lines and a unique light signature on the front and rear. The design is underpinned by original proportions combining a compact exterior with class-leading interior spaciousness and boot volume. The cabin offers a pure and light-filled ambience along with materials that enhance the perception of quality and well-being. That feeling is further underpinned by the well-balanced road performance of New C4 Picasso, which with the development of the EMP2 platform, achieves a perfect blend of irreproachable road holding and classic Citroën comfort for all passengers.
New Citroën C4 Picasso builds on those strong points and strikes an ideal balance in the world of MPVs with:
- attractive styling, comprising flowing and modern lines for even more personality and dynamism, with a new front end shared by both versions, new “3D effect” standard rear lights from entry-level trim models up, new 17-inch alloy wheels, a two-tone roof available on the C4 Picasso, a new “Silver” roof arch colour on Grand C4 Picasso, together with two new body colours.
- well-being for all, through spaciousness, modular design and superior on-road performance, further strengthened by:
- a choice of four customisable interior design schemes for creating a cabin in one’s own image and adapted to the lifestyle of each one
- technologies that make life easier, with the new Citroën Connect Nav combined with a new 7-inch touchscreen, providing greater responsiveness and new connected services. The new system also optimises the use of the 12-inch HD screen for more flexibility and clarity
- technologies to simplify driving and improve safety, such as Speed Limit Recognition, Active Cruise Control with a Stop Function, the Lane Departure Warning System, the Active Safety Brake, Driver Attention Alert, and the Active Blind Spot Monitoring System
- a new engine, with the introduction of the PureTech 130 S&S EAT6, extending the broad range of Euro6 PureTech and BlueHDi engines with their impressive blend of performance and low fuel consumption
With the SpaceTourer, Citroën is expanding the range and demonstrating its ability to move up-market in this vehicle segment.
- Designed with flowing lines, the SpaceTourer’s styling is both energetic and reassuring, with a character-defining high front end enabling it to dominate the road
- Efficient design; its modular, EMP2 platform provides more cabin space, boot volume and manoeuvrability. Available in three lengths, including a market-first 4.60m model for up to nine people, it is the ideal everyday companion whether in the city or the countryside. The vehicle’s 1.90m height, provides easy access to car parks and practical features include hands-free sliding side doors, an opening rear window and plenty of storage options
- Comfort for the well-being of body and mind, with a welcoming interior, a high driving position, sliding and rotating seats for different uses and a glass roof. Well-being is further ensured as a direct result of acoustic treatment and optimal driving comfort
- Technology that makes life easier, including head-up display and a 3D connected navigation system with Citroën Connect Nav, along with safety technologies such as Coffee Break Alert, Driver Attention Alert, and Collision Risk Alert. Citroën’s SpaceTourer scored the maximum 5-star rating in EuroNCAP tests
- Latest-generation diesel engines from the BlueHDi family with up to 180hp and 400Nm of torque, for the segment’s best-in-class levels of fuel consumption and CO2 emissions (BlueHDi 115 S&S 6-speed manual: 5.1l/100 km and 133g of CO2) and efficient running costs.
Citroën E-Mehari is a cheeky nod to its older sibling, the legendary 1968 Mehari, but with an all-electric
4-seater cabriolet with a modern and fun look and feel.
- A unique personality: with a front end panel which picks up Citroën's distinctive styling, as well as a plethora of personalisation options including 4 bodywork colours (Blue, Orange, Yellow and Beige), 2 bonnet colours and 2 seat colours
- playful, yet practical: Citroën E-Mehari stands out with its 3.81m length, removable fabric roof, raised chassis and thermoformed bodywork made from a plastic which is impervious to corrosion and shrugs off minor everyday knocks. The entire vehicle is unique given that it is washable both inside and out
- 100% electric technology: with its LMP® (Lithium Metal Polymer) batteries, produced using the French know-how of the Bolloré group, E-Mehari delivers a top speed of 110km/h and a range of 200km in the urban cycle (fully recharged in 8 hours with 16A current, or 13 hours via 10A household sockets.)
03. THE RANGE: COMPLETE COMFORT
For nearly 100 years, Citroën's expertise in providing comfort has separated it from the rest of the crowd. As the common denominator of the current Citroën range and all future models to follow, comfort has always been a priority for the brand. Citroën's flair in its approach to vehicle design is legendary.
The watchwords are consistent overall comfort and well-being for mind and soul, enabling our cars to meet new expectations and provide an entirely new automobile experience.
To better address the global dimension of comfort, Citroën introduced the Citroën Advanced Comfort® programme.
The Citroën Advanced Comfort® programme has four objectives:
- Driving comfort, filtering out any exterior interference, for a cocoon-like ride, with solutions for suspension vibration and acoustics
- Living comfort, simplifying life on board, with generous, space, functional storage compartments and an ingenious layout
- Functional comfort, creating a smoother experience with intuitive technology, driving aids that can be used every day, and digital continuity between passengers and the car
- Comfort of mind, ensure peace of mind by supporting drivers, organising readouts to display only information that is truly useful, and creating a relaxed interior ambience
Through this programme, Citroën is restating its credentials and expertise in the field of comfort, with a range of innovations contributing to passenger well-being and a brand signature that is unique in the market. The Citroën Advanced Comfort® programme is present at each stage of the brand vehicle design process.
The Citroën range is also notable for its cutting-edge engines and gearboxes. With its BlueHDi diesel and PureTech petrol drivetrains, Citroën has an efficient vehicle for every segment, meeting the needs of every customer in an environmentally friendly way.
In Petrol: the three-cylinder PureTech engine is recognised for its enjoyment and low consumptions, especially the three-cylinder Turbo named ‘Engine of the Year’ for the second year running;
In Diesel: the BlueHDi technology: as for the FAP, PSA had a blow beforehand. Source of 100 patents, our system of post-treatment "BlueHDi" compound of Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) positioned upstream to the FAP, allows the elimination of up to 90% of nitrogen oxides (NOx) emitted by engines.
Citroën also offers a new EAT6 automatic gearbox which delivers a pleasurable drive and lower fuel consumption. The EAT6 gearbox, combined with Stop&Start technology, means that the New Citroën C4 PureTech 130 S&S EAT6 returns combined cycle figures of 4.8l/100km for 110g/km of CO2 (depending on country). The same gearbox is also available in Citroën's New C4 Picasso and New Grand C4 Picasso, models.
CITROËN CONNECT NAV
First released for the Citroën SpaceTourer, Citroën Connect Nav is a next-generation 3D navigation system featuring:
- A set of services available via a new 7" capacitive touchscreen for effortless, fingertip precision
- Real-time traffic information, routing you around traffic jams to save you time and give you peace of mind
- Petrol station and car park prices
- Weather forecasts
- Searches for local points of interest
- Free map updates for life, 4 times per year, and Citroën Connect Nav Pack services for 3 years.
Citroën Connect Nav also includes the Mirror Screen* function, which lets you safely mirror and use applications from your smartphone on the car's 7-inch touchscreen, through the MirrorLink® (Android) and CarPlay™ (iPhone) technologies.
04. ON THE STAND
Citroën will welcome the public in a space covering some 2,260m² inside Hall 1 (Aisle C, Stand 320).
The Citroën stand will be divided into two separate worlds, both synonymous with vitality, well-being and optimism:
- Citroën Advanced Comfort® embodied by the CXPERIENCE CONCEPT car
- A world entirely dedicated to the New Citroën C3, on display in 10 different configurations. La Maison Citroën provides the continuity between these two worlds.
Visitors will also be able to discover the CXPERIENCE CONCEPT interior, with a 360° virtual reality tour of the concept car.
Customers can relax in the comfort zone and experience “Crystal” seats designed by Saharfamouri (a Parisian brand of high-end contemporary furniture). These modular seats are studiously designed and can be set to different positions and configurations.
For the first time, ConnectedCAM Citroën™ that records what the driver sees through the windscreen will be presented with an original animation called Photocall ConnectedCAM Citroën™ andWRC fans will be able to experience the New C3 WRC CONCEPT car.
La Maison Citroën offers a visual and sensory experience like in a real home with comfortable seating where visitors can configure a vehicle, listen to music and recharge their smartphones. At the Paris Motor Show, visitors will be able to test the new app “Share With U” which allows users to share media files (games, music and videos) with other passengers.